Feb 15, 2016 | Atlanta, GA
Atlantic Promenade South will undergo construction to replace aged steam lines followed by upgrades to adjacent hardscape and landscape. The repairs require significant digging, which provides an opportunity to enhance the pedestrian experience through the primary north/south corridor of campus on Atlantic Drive. The project will create a connected, walkable corridor envisioned in the campus master plan and landscape master plan. This will provide for a safer campus by providing better lighting, eliminating trip hazards and improving accessibility within the area.
- New steam lines to Bunger Henry and Van Leer buildings
- New steam service running up to Atlantic Drive
- Improved landscape and hardscape
- New walkway
- Better lighting
- Elimination of trip hazards
- Start Date: March 1, 2016
- Normal working hours: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. with more disruptive work restricted to after 9 a.m. Weekend work will only be necessary if there are major rain delays.
- Anticipated End Date: December 2016
Campus Detours or Interruptions:
Pedestrian access to Atlantic Drive will be unavailable from the Mason Building Area, all the way to Tech Green. Access to all buildings will remain open. Please follow signage.