Nov 16, 2016 | Atlanta, GA
- Start Date: November 1, 2016
- Anticipated End Date: January 30, 2020
Normal Working Hours: 7am-5pm. Weekend work will only be necessary in there are major rain delays.
Campus Detours or Interruptions:
Phased detours of pedestrian traffic will occur around the Library complex, corresponding the construction sequences.
November 2016-2017: Work will close the north sidewalk of Bobby Dodd Way between Old Civil Engineering Building, Cherry Street and the alley between Old Civil Engineering building and Crosland Tower.
July 2017-November 2018: Work will close described above and also pedestrian way between Bobby Dodd Way/Cherry Street to Fourth Street between Price Gilbert and Crosland Tower. Access to Hinman and Rich will be maintained from Fourth Street but not o he north side of the Price Gilbert Library.
- Improved accessibility and/or ADA Compliance
- This project is an Adaptive Reuse and meets sustainability goals
- Added seating and study space for students
- New technology tools will support learning goals
All computers, scanners, printers, study spaces and other resources in Crosland will move to Price Gilbert, also known as Library West. More information can be found at http://renewal.library.gatech.edu/